Currently, if you want to join a meeting hosted in a different cloud to one of your tenant you will be directed to use Teams web experience. Microsoft is improving the experience by allowing users to join meetings across clouds anonymously using their desktop app.
- The feature will be enabled in 3 phases.
- Timing: Roll out will begin mid-October and expected to complete by late November.
- Phase 1: Standard and GCC customers will be able to join meetings in GCC-High and DOD clouds.
- Phase 2: GCC-High customers will be able to to join meetings in Standard, GCC and DOD clouds.
- Phase 3: DOD customers will be able to join meetings in Standard, GCC, and GCC-High clouds.
How this affects you:
You will be able to join meetings in other clouds anonymously using the Teams desktop app after the roll out.
This change honours the existing setting for Anonymous users can join a meeting.
What you need to do
Review your existing settings for Anonymous users can join a meeting to ensure the correct experience is enabled for your organization. Additionally, consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate.